WHAT INFORMATION WE STORE ON YOUR COMPUTER
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a site or page. The cookie will help the website, or another website, to recognise your device the next time you visit. Web beacons or other similar files can also do the same thing. We use the term ‘cookies’ in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way
There are many functions cookies serve. For example, they can help us to remember your user name and preferences, analyse how well our website is performing, or even allow us to recommend content we believe will be most relevant to you.
Certain cookies contain personal information – for example, if you click to ‘remember me’ when logging in, a cookie will store your user name. Most cookies won’t collect information that identifies you, and will instead collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use our websites, or a user’s general location.
WHAT SORT OF COOKIES DOES ASHWORTHFP.CO.UK USE?
Generally, our cookies perform up to four different functions:
- Essential cookies
Some cookies are essential for the operation of our website. For example, some cookies allow us to identify subscribers and ensure they can access the subscription only pages. If a subscriber opts to disable these cookies, the user will not be able to access all of the content that a subscription entitles them to.
- Performance Cookies
We utilise other cookies to analyse how our visitors use our websites and to monitor website performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by customising our offering and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, we might use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. We might also use these cookies to highlight articles or site services that we think will be of interest to you based on your usage of the website.
- Functionality Cookies
We use functionality cookies to allow us to remember your preferences. For example, cookies save you the trouble of typing in your user name every time you access the site, and recall your customisation preferences.
We also use functionality cookies to provide you with enhanced services such as allowing you to watch a video on-line or comment on a blog.
- Behaviourally Targeted Advertising Cookies
Advertisers sometimes use their own cookies to provide you with targeted advertising. For example, advertisers may use a profile they have built on sites that you have previously visited to present you with more relevant advertisements during your visit to ashworthfp.co.uk. We believe that it is useful to our users to see advertisements that are more relevant to their interests. If you are based in the European Union and would like to learn more about how advertisers use these types of cookies or to choose not to receive them, please visit http://www.youronlinechoices.eu. If you are based in the United States and would like to learn more, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
We also use or allow third parties to serve cookies that fall into the four categories above. For example, like many companies, we use Google Analytics to help us monitor our website traffic. We may also use third party cookies to help us with market research, revenue tracking, improving site functionality and monitoring compliance with our terms and conditions and copyright policy.
CAN A WEBSITE USER BLOCK COOKIES?
As we’ve explained above, cookies help you to get the most out of our websites.
However, if you do wish to disable our cookies then please follow the instructions on our ‘How to
Manage Cookies’ page.
Please remember that if you do choose to disable cookies, you may find that certain sections of our website do not work properly.
DO WE TRACK WHETHER USERS OPEN OUR EMAILS?
Our emails may contain a single, campaign-unique ‘web beacon pixel’ to tell us whether our emails are opened and verify any clicks through to links or advertisements within the email. We may use this information for purposes including determining which of our emails are more interesting to users, to query whether users who do not open our emails wish to continue receiving them and to inform our advertisers in aggregate how many users have clicked on their advertisements. The pixel will be deleted when you delete the email. If you do not wish the pixel to be downloaded to your device, you should select to receive emails from us in plain text rather than HTML.
HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The owner of this web site is Ashworth Financial Planning Ltd. Ashworth Financial Planning Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 8401597. Registered office: 7 Park Lane Business Centre, Park Lane, Colchester, Essex, CO4 5WR.
The purpose of this statement is to set out the purposes for which, and the manner in which, we may collect and use personal information that we may obtain about you. By either registering as a user of any services provided by ashworthfp.co.uk on this website and/or by using the ashworthfp.co.uk website generally you consent and agree to this use by us.
ashworthfp.co.uk does not knowingly collect data from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use the ashworthfp.co.uk website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
Use of your Personal Information
- When you register and use this site:
- We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
(a) to register you with our website and to manage any account you hold with us
(b) to administer our website services;
(c) to fulfil our agreement with you and to process your order and obtain payment.
(d) to analyse and profile your shopping preferences e.g. (market, customer and product analysis) to enable us (i) to provide you with a personalised browsing experience when using the website and (ii) to review, develop and improve the products and services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme.
(e) we may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products and/or services which we think will interest you from the information we have.
(f) we may keep you informed of such products and services (including products and services of other companies and organisations and including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on) which we consider may be of interest to you by any of the following methods:
– Telephone (including automated calls)
– SMS text messages and other electronic messages such as picture messaging
– Or otherwise
(g) To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
- If you do not wish to receive information of products and services which may be of interest to you from us or carefully chosen third parties, please select the opt-out option where appropriate.
- We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties. In particular we will carry out searches with credit reference agencies.
- We may engage third party payment providers to administer and process any payment card details in order to complete any purchases that you make through the website.
- We may store and process your information on our own information technology systems or on systems owned by third parties that may store and process your information on our behalf.
- In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other Group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way. Without limitation to the foregoing, we may disclose any information and data relating to you to the police or any regulatory or government authority including and not limited to law enforcement agencies in response to a request in connection with the investigation of any suspected illegal activities.
- Calls may be recorded to verify content and may be used together with other customer records for regulatory compliance, quality control and staff training, preventing or detecting criminal activity and for complaint resolution.
Disclosure of Your Information
- We may give information about you to the following companies and organisations who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
(a) to other companies in the Group
(b) to employees and agents of the Group and other approved third parties to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by the Group now or in the future.
(c) to agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs.
(d) to other organisations for the administration of prize draws or competitions
(e) to anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
(f) if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
- We refer in paragraph 4 above to the fact that we may carry out credit reference agency searches to obtain information about you. These agencies record those searches. In addition to the purposes listed above, we may also share information about you and the conduct of your account with credit reference agencies, other lenders and relevant third parties including our legal advisers and debt recovery agencies.
- In carrying out the activities specified in this policy, we may transfer data to reputable companies outside the European Economic Area. Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your information will be afforded the same level of protection as that required of us under applicable UK data protection legislation you should be aware that countries outside the European Economic Area may not offer the same level of protection of personal data.
- We are required to provide you with clear and comprehensive information about the cookies which we use on the site and to obtain your consent to the use of the cookies. In order to comply with these requirements we have prepared a cookies policy setting out information about cookies, detailing the cookies we use and providing information on how to manage cookies on your computer.
- We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
- For further information about the steps we take to protect your information and make on-line shopping as secure as possible, please see information on Secure on-line shopping.
- Around 2 weeks after receiving your product, we may send you an email inviting you to review and rate the product that you purchased. In addition, sometimes we may also ask you if you would like to answer questions related to your product submitted by other customers.
Please be aware that:
– your review may be shared on other Group sites.
– once submitted, it usually takes 72 hours for your review, question or answer to appear on the website providing it adheres to our publishing guidelines.
– your review can be submitted anonymously or if you prefer you can leave a ratings only review.
– it is not possible for you to edit/remove your review after submission
If you require any further information on this service or wish to have your review removed, you can contact customer services.
- We may in our absolute discretion accept or reject any product review which may be submitted to us and may edit any such review for both length and/or content as we see fit. All reviews are submitted on the basis that ashworthfp.co.uk or any member of the Group may use the review in any format and for any purpose as it sees fit and for any marketing or promotional purposes.
- You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee (see Contact Us below).
- If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please Contact Us.
- Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
- If you want to be removed from our mailing list, each electronic mailing we send you will contain details of how you can un-subscribe.
How do I change any details stored on ashworthfp.co.uk?
- To change any of your registered details on ashworthfp.co.uk, contact customer services with your new details.